Transferring academic credits

Image: Anne Günther (University of Jena)

Students who have already studied at a different higher education institution can apply for their academic credits to be transferred.

Law (First State Examination) Show content


Please apply for the recognition and transfer of previous academic credits using the application form here [pdf, 133 kb] de.

Required documents

The following documents must be submitted with the application form as original copies :

  • transcript of records
  • module descriptions (for non-modularised programmes: proof of the content of the courses attended issued by the university)
  • enrolment certificates from previous periods of study
  • certificate of good standing from the examination office

General information

Please note that you should submit your application to transfer credits as soon as you have applied to enrol, as the enrolment process can only be completed when you have submitted your credit transferral notification to the student service center.

If you have any questions regarding the transferral of your previous academic credits, you are welcome to seek advice from the student advisory service at the Law Faculty


Law (minor - Bachelor of Arts) Show content

Authority to transfer academic credits

Decisions regarding the transferral of academic credits for the law minor (B.A.) are made exclusively by the Academic Study and Examination Office (ASPA de) of the University of Jena.

Economics/Law (teacher training for grammar school teachers) Show content

Authority for the transferral of academic credits

If you have any questions regarding the transferral of academic credits for the course “Economics/Law", please exclusively contact the examination office and the student advisory service of the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Jena.

Postgraduate course “Private and Public Commercial Law” (LL.M. oec) Show content


The study and examination board of the postgraduate program (§ 5, section 3 Magister Examination Regulations) is solely responsible for deciding whether academic credits can be transferred.


Please submit your informal application for transferral to the Head of Studies and Teaching at the Faculty of Law, attaching supporting documents.


Share this page
Friedrich Schiller University on social media:
Studying amid excellence:
Top of the page